Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan who is popularly known as Salman Khan is one of the eminent actors of the film industry. Popular among his fans as Sallu and Bhaijan, he is not just an actor but also a producer, television presenter, and a philanthropist. Let’s have an extended look at the age, height, weight, wife, caste, family, and biography of the actor.
Salman Khan Biography/Wiki
The real name of Salman Khan is Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan born on 27 December 1965. Khan is an Indian film actor, singer, and a television personality. He is spanning almost thirty years in a film career. Khan is a successful commercial actor of Indian cinema. Salman has received a number of awards including two Filmfare Awards and two National Awards.
Salman Khan Family
Salman Khan is the eldest son of Salim Khan (well-known screenwriter of Indian Film Industry) and his first wife Sushila Charak (who later adopted the name, Salma Khan). His paternal ancestors were Alakozai Pashtuns from present-day Swat valley of Pakistan who immigrated to Indore, Madhya Pradesh in the mid-1800s. The veteran actress Helen is Salman’s Stepmother. He has two brothers, Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan; and two sisters, Alvira Khan Agnihotri, who is married to actor/director Atul Agnihotri, and an adopted sister Arpita who is married to actor/model Aayush Sharma.
Salman Khan Physical Measurements
Bajrangi Bhaijaan Salman Khan age is 54 Years (as in 2019). He is a strongly built man with a chest measuring 45 Inches, waist measuring 35 Inches and Biceps that measure 17 Inches. He is approximately 5’ 8” tall and weighs 75 kg. He has brown eyes and black hair.
The Hometown of Salman Khan is in Galaxy Apartments Bandra, Mumbai. Salman has also a 150-acre plot in Panvel which has a swimming pool, 3 bungalows, and a Gym. Khan is also a renowned and dedicated bodybuilder. He has been involved in several charities during his career. He has started an NGO called Being Human which sells T-shirts and other products online and in stores. A portion of the sales goes to a worthy cause supporting the underprivileged.
The relationships of Salman Khan have been keen interest in the media and his fans. He began dating Indian film actress Aishwarya Rai in 1999. Until the couple separated in 2001 the relationship was often reported in media. After that, he starts dating Indian film actress Katrina Kaif. Later, the actor was also rumored to be dating Faria Alam, a former Model & Football Association Secretary (1996) and the Romanian model and Television Presenter Iulia Vantur (2016). Salman is still unmarried and looking for the perfect life partner.
He began his film career with film Biwi Ho To Aisi as a supporting role. In the next film Maine Pyar Kiya, he achieved a breakthrough leading role that garnered him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. He acted in many commercially successful films, such as Saajan (1991), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Karan Arjun (1995), Judwaa (1997), Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998), Biwi No.1 (1999) and Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999), having appeared in the highest grossing films for nine consecutive years during his career, a record that remains unbroken.
Salman Khan Net Worth
As of 2019, Salman Khan’s net worth is estimated to be $310 million dollars (1900 crore rupees).
Salman Khan is a rich and most popular Bollywood actor and television personality with a massive following in Asia. Salman probably got his acting bug from his father, Salim, who was a screenwriter. Salman is a lot richer, and he exceeds Akshay Kumar net worth by $60 million dollars.
Khan has been the subject of several controversies, including certain legal troubles like “hit-and-run case”, “relationship with Aishwarya Rai”, “Black Buck hunting case” and “his remarks about 26/11 attacks”.
• Blackbuck hunting case:
In October 1998, the actor was accused of shooting dead two blackbucks near Jodhpur, India, while filming “Hum Saath-Saath Hain” (1999). Salman & his co-stars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam, and Sonali Bendre were accused of hunting blackbuck deer & chinkara (endangered animals) while shooting for the film in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Nearly 20 years later, on April 5, 2018, Khan was convicted under Section 51 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act and sentenced to five years of imprisonment, while others were acquitted.
• Hit-and-run case (2002):
Salman drove his car over the people sleeping on the pavement outside a bakery at night. One person was killed, while three persons were injured in this accident. He was found guilty by a trial court, but months later, the Bombay High Court acquitted the actor of all criminal charges in the case in December 2015.
• His relationship with Aishwarya Rai (2002):
Aishwarya’s parents lodged a complaint against him for harassing their daughter. Later, he denied all the allegations imposed on him.
• Threats to Vivek Oberoi
On March 31, 2003, actor Vivek Oberoi revealed at a press conference that Khan had threatened him over several texts at a time when Oberoi was allegedly in a relationship with Aishwarya Rai.
• Fight with Shah Rukh Khan Khan (2008):
Salman & Shah Rukh khan fought at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party.
• In December 2017, an FIR was lodged against him and Shilpa Shetty at Andheri Police station, Mumbai by Navin Ramchandra Lade, General Secretary of the Rojgar Aghari Republican Party of India for allegedly using the word “bhangi” at a public place, which hurt the sentiments of the Scheduled Caste community.
• Salman Khan insensitive remark during ‘Sultan’ promotions
Salman Khan found himself in the eye of the storm when he made an insensitive remark during the promotions of his 2016 release ‘Sultan’. When asked to describe his rigorous shooting schedule, the actor reportedly said that when he would walk out of the ring, he ‘felt like a raped woman’. This sparked off a huge debate with women rights activists and the public alike condemning him for such an insensitive comparison.
Quick Info About Salman Khan
Real Name: Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan
Nick Name: Salman, Sallu, Bhaijaan, Dabbang Khan
Date Of Birth: 27 December 1965
Birth Place: Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Age (as in 2019): 54 years old
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Residence: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Occupation: Actor, producer, singer
Film Debut: Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988)
TV Debut: 10 Ka Dum (2008)
Net Worth: $310 million approx.
Girlfriends/Affairs: Sangeeta Bijlani, Somy Ali, Katrina Kaif, Aishwarya Rai
Father: Salim Khan (Screenwriter)
Mother: Sushila Charak or Salma Khan
Height: 5ft 8in (174 cm)
Weight: 165 lbs (75 kg)
Hobbies and Favorite Things
Hobbies: Swimming, Cycling, Painting, and Writing
Favorite Food(s): Chinese food, Spicy Italian food, Pav Bhaji, Biryani, Kebab home-cooked food, and other Mughlai and North-Indian delicacies
Favorite Restaurant: China Garden, Mumbai
Favorite Beverage: Ice-Tea
Favorite Dessert: Sitaphal ice cream 
Favorite Perfume: Obsession
Favorite Outfit(s): Tight jeans & T-Shirts
Favorite Colour(s): Black, White, Grey
Favorite Sport: Swimming
Favorite Cricketer(s): Sachin Tendulkar, Imran Khan, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Ashish Nehra
Favourite Car(s): BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota Land Cruiser
Favourite Brand(s): Giorgio Armani and Gianni Versace
Favourite Actor: Sylvester Stallone, Dilip Kumar, Govinda
Favourite Actress: Hema Malini
Favourite Film: Casablanca
Favourite Singer(s): Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Nigam
Favourite Song: Jab Hum Jawan (sang by Shabbir Kumar)
Favourite Film Director: Sooraj Barjatya
Some Unknown Facts About Salman Khan
- His blood group type is B +.
- Salman was offered a negative role in Abbas-Mustan’s Baazigar, which was rejected. This role later went to Shahrukh Khan and the film became a blockbuster.
- Dabang Khan’s deepest faith in the lucky gems. He never forgets to keep his turquoise stone bracelet on the screen and close it.
- His superb performance in ‘Dabang’ made him popular by the name of his character – Chulbul Pandey.
- It is a big passion for soap, especially natural fruit and vegetable extracts. Therefore, the bathroom is always full of different types.
- When Khan was shooting for the movie London Dreams, his cast and crew were tired of having a continental meal. Therefore, they made their own food to cook biryani for all, especially from Mumbai to London.
- The statue of Salman Khan’s wax was immortalized in the Madame Tussauds Museum of London (2008).
- A Bhaijan restaurant has been established by one of his fans in Mumbai. The interior of the restaurant is decorated with its posters and the menu also has all its favorite dishes.
- During the shooting of Tiger Zinda Hai, Salman himself made a painting of Joya because the crew was busy in the arrangements. He also portrayed his film Jai Ho’s poster.
- Interestingly, Khan’s name does not have an e-mail ID. That’s because he likes to communicate verbally on the phone via e-mail.
- He gave his voice to the animated character Hanuman for the movie- Hanuman: Da ‘Damdar (2017).
- In the year 2015, Salman left behind Barack Obama in the list of India’s most admired personalities.
- His film Sultan was the 10th film to enter the 100 million club.
- Bhaijaan also has a passion for animals and they have two pet horses named Bajrangi and Bhaijan. He also has two dogs whom he loves my son and my life.
- In addition to acting, Salman also has excellent hosting skills. He made Big Boss – Season 4 a big success with his exemplary host and then continued to host other show sessions too.
- Aamir Khan is very impressed with his painting skills and there are many paintings made by Salman at his home.
- During an interview in 2011, Salman revealed that he is suffering from trigeminal neuralgia, the condition of an old pain that affects the trigeminal nerve in the face, which is also commonly known as “suicide sickness”. He also said that this disease has made his voice hard.
- In 2017, Salman raised an issue with the residents of the Galaxy apartment with the Bandstand restyle being built by BMC. According to him, due to having toilets in crowded areas by joggers and walkers, unnatural conditions will be created for them.
- In January 2019, when Salman Khan, along with his father and brothers, appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show, his father revealed that Salman used leak paper to pass his examinations.